Truck Racing RPM Bridge
The easiest way to show engine data on visors and SmartyCam video
ECU Bridge and RPM Bridge: these two systems are needed whenever engine data are to be visualized on a display or on a SmartyCam HD video, if no recording is required. They are compatible with G-Dash and Formula Steering Wheel 2, and of course with the SmartyCam HD on-board cameras. ECU Bridge is to be used in case the Engine Control Unit transmits data in the following hardware protocols: OBDII, CAN or RS232.
AiM has developed hundreds of different protocols, to make compatibility with virtually all ECUs possible, either stock and after market ECUs. ECU Bridge has to be properly configured with Race Studio 2 software to communicate with the different visors/cameras on one side and ECUs on the other side.
- With OBDII connector, for immediate plug&play connection to the OBDII port of cars with stock ECUs.
- With CAN/RS232 connection, for direct installation on aftermarket ECUs.
RPM Bridge is to be used whenever the car has got no ECU (i.e. classic cars). In this case RPM data can be obtained with connection to the coil or reading a square wave signal generated by the ignition system.
In The Box
- Coil signal 150-400 V
- Square wave signal 4-50 V
- CAN protocol for external modules (visors or SmartyCam HD)
- USB port for PC communication
- External power 8/18 V