Technology combines highly strain-rate sensitive polymers, with a range of functional geometries, ‘generative’ design techniques, manufacturing process know-how and garment integration expertise. The compound technology has been developed over 15 years.
Originally developed for armour against impact protection for the body and head in extreme sports, the technology is equally applicable across a wide range of sectors. It can control energy impact of any amplification and frequency from small constant vibrations, to life-threatening single impacts.
The Technology is made up of 5 core elements which combine to enhance the performance of any product it is supporting:
- Highly strain-rate sensitive polymers that stiffen momentarily while absorbing energy
- Bespoke geometries tailored to each product – boost energy absorption performance regardless of the direction of the forces
- Computational generative design techniques optimise solutions (e.g. enabling real-world data such as CT scans to drive design process)
- Manufacturing process know-how
- Expertise in bespoke garment integration
Key patents and registered trademarks in relevant markets are in place to deliver a sustainable competitive advantage to our partners.
- Lightweight and self-healing
- Cooling geometries enhance breathability
- Extremely tough and durable with a wide operating temperature range
- Waterproof and washable
- Meets impact standards at less than half the normal thickness and weight
- Controls energy across a very wide spectrum
- Adheres directly to fabrics, plastics, leather and other substrates