AMS TechnicalPioneering Technology For Safer Racing.
The AMS Unit
The AMS Unit consists of 8 high-intensity RGB LEDs, a 4-button keypad, a leading-edge sensor suite, a dual-diversity radio module, an internal battery, a GPS receiver, and a micro USB port. All housed in a machined aluminium case for durability.
The AMS unit transmits radio messages to race control and other competition and support vehicles, allowing safety information to be processed in real-time. As well as reporting to race control , the AMS unit creates internal logs of second-by-second data including, time, location, speed, bearing, g-forces, safety status, communication logs and more. `these logs are recoverable via USB for accident analysis, penalty judgement and investigative purposes.
The AMS Unit Display Options
- 167dBm Navigational Sensitivity
- 12V 5-pin Screw Connector
- 1800mAh Internal Battery
ABSOLUTE ORIENTATION SENSOR
- Triaxial accelerometer, and gyroscope with a range of +/-2000 degrees per second, and geomagnetic sensor.
110 x 78 x 42 (mm)
- Dual Antenna Diversification
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) Radio Power
- >20dB Low Noise Amplifier
- 40km Range Limit
- Case – Aluminum (Black Anodised)
- Buttons – Injection Molded Rubber
- IP68: protected from total dust ingress and longterm immersion.
- 8 full-colour high-intensity LEDs
- 4-button keypad
- Roll Cage
- Suction Cup